Book Cover

Book Cover
Forgive Me Father for I Have Sinned

Sunday, January 1, 2012

OK, here we go.  I'm starting this blog to encourage anyone who has been abused or sexually assaulted to share their story, their pain, and join me in a path to try to heal the wounds they have suffered.  I am not a licensed professional, just someone who has been through hell and back.  And then some!  For anyone new to my blog, I wrote the book, "Forgive Me Father for I Have Sinned" about my experience with clergy sex abuse.  I also discuss in the book my earlier life, being a victim of incest and being abused by a foster parent.  I wrote the book to help others who have been a victim anytime in their lives to show them that they are not alone in their pain, shame, humiliation, fear, and guilt.  

But this is more than being a victim, this is about being a survivor, keeping your faith (whatever it may be), and trying to move on after being abused physically, emotionally, mentally, verbally, spiritually, or however you have been violated.  We have suffered at the hands of others and then we have suffered by our own hands: blaming ourselves, thinking that we did something to deserve the abuse we received, and playing the endless game of second guessing ourselves. 

1 comment:

  1. For more information visit - http://www.juliavillegasphelps.com/

    ReplyDelete